Pasta is my comfort food and I enjoy experimenting with all types of recipes. I have recently become quite fond of whole wheat pasta and have gotten my two bambinos hooked on whole wheat fusilli tossed with my signature pesto, grilled chicken and toasted pine nuts. One of my favorite food companies, DeLallo, along with FAVEDIETS is hosting an amazing giveaway for a gift basket filled with some delicious items!
DELISH! *photo courtesy of DeLallo
DeLallo is located in Jeanette, PA which is about 30 miles from one of favorite cities, Pittsburgh. I may be a Northern California girl, but my heart belongs to the Pittsburgh Steelers. My father was born in New Kensington, PA which is located just outside of Pittsburgh. I was born and raised in CA but have always been a Steelers fan, thanks to my father and all of my relatives in the Pittsburgh area. Not many people can say this, but myself AND my two children have something very special in common….we were all born in a year that the Steelers won a Super Bowl. My son Rocco (5) and my daughter Gianna (3) are both little Steelers fans and enjoy watching the games with their mommy. During football season, our Sunday tradition is to go shopping at the local Italian market and then have a traditional Italian dinner. My great grandparents settled in New Kensington from Italy and I am proud to share some of their recipes with my bambinos. I use DeLallo products as often as I can and have heard nothing but rave reviews about their products and recipes from my friends and family.
*photo courtesy of DeLallo
DeLallo was founded in 1950 and is known for their fresh and authentic products. I have not yet been to their store in Jeanette, but plan to visit on my next trip to Pittsburgh. Their web-site is one of my favorite places to seek recipes whenever I am hosting a dinner party. I am excited to share their giveaway with you!
*photo courtesy of DeLallo
The gift basket includes the following:
- 1 pound package of Whole Wheat Orzo
- 1 pound package of Whole Wheat Fettuccine
- 1 pound package of Whole Wheat Orecchiette
- 1 pound package of Whole Wheat Fusilli
- 1 pound package of Whole Wheat Gnocchi
- 7 ounce container of their Olive Medley in Brine
- 6.5 ounce jar of Basil Pesto in Oil
- 6.5 ounce bottle of their Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Spray Bottle
- 5 ounce container of their Multi-Grain Bruschetta Crisps
- 12 ounce jar of Roasted Piquillo Peppers
- 10 ounce jar of Artichoke Bruschetta
- 16.9 ounce bottle of their 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2.5 ounce container of their Whole Grain Biscotti—Cranberry Blueberry Almond
- 28 ounce can of their Imported Whole Peeled Italian Tomatoes
Mamma mia does this basket sound amazing! To enter, be sure and visit FAVEDIETS by clicking here. You can read the wonderful DeLallo pasta review by FAVEDIETS by clicking here. You can follow both DeLallo and FAVEDIETS on twitter @delallofoods and @FaveDiets. Good luck everyone!
Ciao for now…..Tracy