Goat cheese has long been one of my favorite cheeses and when I saw this recipe for Honey and Tangerine Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini from The Lemon Bowl on Pinterest, I knew it was something I would love. Made with creamy goat cheese blended with fresh tangerine juice and honey, it is ideal for entertaining all year round.
To begin, thinly slice a French baguette and brush each piece with olive oil. Bake for about 7-9 minutes.
Meanwhile, whip together goat cheese, tangerine juice and honey until light and fluffy.
After the baguette slices are done, let them cool a few minutes and then top with the goat cheese mixture.
Place a raspberry on top of each piece and serve!
I made these yesterday and could not stop eating them. You can alter the recipe and use a different juice, such as blood orange or whatever is in season. These are a must have at your next party.
- 30 slices French baguette bread – ½ in. thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz goat cheese – softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed tangerine juice (orange works too)
- 30 raspberries – garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Brush baguette slices with olive oil and spread out evenly on pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 7-9 minutes. Let cool slightly before assembling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together softened goat cheese, honey and tangerine juice until light and fluffy.
- Spread honey whipped goat cheese mixture evenly on all 30 slices and place on a platter. Top each crostini with a raspberry before serving.