About two years ago, I pinned a link to an article about beauty uses for Vaseline from the blog, My Thirty Spot, and have been following almost all of the twenty tips outlined in the article. Vaseline is a must-have for everyone, especially those on a beauty budget. Now if only I can find a cool jar of Vaseline with lots of bling…….
20 Beauty Uses of Vaseline
Source: My Thirty Spot
1. It makes your eyelashes grow: Lather Vaseline all over your eyelashes overnight and watch them thicken, even without a prescription!
I have been doing this and it really works! My lashes seem thicker and fuller after just 3 weeks.
2. Soften dry and cracked elbows.
I have not had an issue with dry elbows, but have been applying a tad bit of Vaseline to my elbows before bed as a preventative measure.
3. Dry cuticles: Store a mini-Vaseline container in your purse and use for emergency dry cuticle moments.
As a bartender who is always getting my hands into everything from citrus to sanitizer, this is a lifesaver. I can’t believe I never carried one of these in my purse until now.
4. For kissable, luscious lips: Fall is a beast for drying out summery, dewy lips. Vaseline is there for you and your irresistible pout. You can also mix Vaseline with Kool-Aid powder and make a colored (and flavored) lip gloss.
While I have not tried the lip gloss, I do use Vaseline on my lips which tend to get dry during the colder weather, especially since I am out running a lot.
5. Help your scent stick around: Softly rub Vaseline all over your perfume points (i.e. the cleavage, behind the ear, neck, and wrist) and your scent will last longer!
Works like a charm! I often put in 12 hour days at work and my perfume is still noticeable at the end of the day.
I once read that Vaseline helps prevent wrinkles so I apply it around my eyes every night before bed.
7. Lipstick smudges: Spread a little Vaseline over your teeth and lipstick smudges be gone! This is an infamous tip used at beauty pageants.
Another great tip, especially when wearing bright colors.
8. To remove last night’s makeup: Apply some to a Q-tip and have a pretty day.
I ran out of eye make-up remover last week and used Vaseline in its place. It removed all traces of my mascara and eyeliner.
9. Perfect for an eye-shadow/blush boost: Apply some under your eye shadow for a glossy effect. Apply on the apples of your cheeks for a dewy glow. Mix with lipstick for a cream blusher!
For Valentine’s Day, I used Vaseline as an eye-shadow boost and got tons of compliments.
10. It eases eyebrow plucking: Tame your eyebrows and lube up the under-skin so you can pluck with ease.
My eyebrows grow like weeds and I need to get them waxed religiously every two weeks. This helps with those in-between pluckings and eases the pain.
11. Prevent hair dye from seeping onto your forehead: Softly dab all over your hairline and keep that box hair dye from dying your forehead the color of your new hairdo.
I have been doing this for years and it has never failed.
12. To make your accessories look brand spankin’ new: New job interview or a hot date? Put a small dab on your shoes and shine away!
I tried this today with my work shoes and they looked brand new. 🙂
13. Hide Split Ends: Haven’t had a haircut since your budget only allows you go to Great Clips for a quickie? Hide damaged ends with a small amount on your ends.
My curly, frizzy hair finally has a new best friend….Vaseline.
14. Remove makeup stains for your clothes. Dab a little with a damp cloth.
I have not tried this yet but I am sure I will need to in the very near future.
15. To Prevent spray-tan streaks: Rub all over the backs of your knees, ankles and hands to prevent seriously frightening spray tan lines.
I do not use self-tanner but have passed this tip along to my friends that do.
16. To get those O.P.I. nail polish bottles open: Make it easier next time and rub Vaseline under the cap. Easy to open the next time you decide to do an at-home pedi.
I tried this with other types of bottles and was amazed at how much easier it was to open them.
17. It’s your new exfoliating body wash: Mix with sea salt and come out of the shower feeling soft, and sexy.
This has become my nightly ritual after a long day at work and it helps me sleep like a baby.
18. Remove false eyelash glue from your lash line.
I have never used fake eyelashes, so this doesn’t apply to me but I am sure it works wonders.
19. Can be used to smooth and soothe skin after shaving.
Oh yes! This is, by far, my favorite thing to do after shaving.
20. Lubricates ear lobes and helps make earring insertion easy and painless.
This does not really apply to me since I rarely wear earrings but will keep this in mind the next time I plan on dressing up my ear lobes.Pin It