Apothic Red is one of my favorite wines and you will always find a bottle in my house. With intense fruit aromas and notes of rhubarb and black cherry, complemented by hints of mocha, chocolate, brown spice and vanilla, Apothic Red is certainly a crowd pleaser. Ever since I spotted the unique label at my local market a few years ago and decided to take home a bottle, it has been a beautiful love affair. I drink Apothic with everything and have gotten many of my friends hooked on this plush, full-bodied red blend. After spotting a recipe on Pinterest for a sweet and hot dark chocolate fudge made with Apothic Red, I knew I had to make it. Much like the wine itself, the fudge is irresistible and sexy. Combining sweet and spicy, it is the ultimate treat for wine lovers. The recipe is from the Apothic web-site and is simply sensational.
Nothing is better than chocolate and wine and this recipe brings the two together in a way that is almost poetic. The final product is a brilliant blend of sophisticated flavors with heat from Cayenne pepper and sweetness from agave nectar and coconut oil. Ideal for a dinner party or just to enjoy alone with a glass of Apothic Red, your palate will be dazzled with this recipe.
- 1 cup Apothic Red
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS chili powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Boil 1 cup Apothic Red until it reduces by 75%
- Reduce heat to medium and add 1 cup coconut oil, stirring until it melts
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, 1 cup almond butter, ½ cup agave nectar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 Tbs. chili powder, and ½ tsp. cayenne pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into lined cupcake pan ¼-½ inch deep
- Freeze for 20 minutes before serving topped with chili powder
- Store in freezer