There is nothing better than chocolate and wine and when I saw a recipe on Pinterest for a Barefoot Merlot Hot Fudge Sauce, needless to say, I was intrigued. This simple indulgence can be whipped up in minutes and you will absolutely love the end result.
Made with bittersweet chocolate, light corn syrup, granulated sugar, heavy cream, cocoa powder, sea salt and Barefoot Merlot, this sweet chocolate indulgence goes great with fresh berries or served over ice cream, brownies, or any other fresh fruit of your choice.
I live in Florida and strawberries are in season, so I enjoyed my warm Barefoot Merlot Hot Fudge Sauce with strawberries.
Nothing can quite compare to sweet, juicy berries dipped in rich chocolate fudge. I could not contain myself from enjoying this sweet treat on an warm spring evening.
- 3 tbsp Barefoot Merlot
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp good quality cocoa
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in a medium sized saucepot. Add all other ingredients except for the wine. Bring to a boil then simmer for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove sauce from the heat and stir in the Merlot. Let sauce stand for ten minutes (it will thicken up a bit) and then serve warm over ice cream, brownies or fruit.
- Keep sauce in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week. Before serving, warm up sauce.