I love this time of year when fresh cranberries are in abundance at all the local markets. While most people enjoy them only during the holidays, I like to use them through the month of February because they are so versatile. Today I came across a pin for a Cranberry Mojito and decided to test one out while at work.
Easy to prepare, a Cranberry Mojito is a festive spin on the classic cocktail and perfect for a Valentine’s themed party. You can use any type of white rum and I used Bacardi since it is one of my favorites. All you need is white rum, fresh mint leaves, sugar or simple syrup, a lime, cranberries and club soda. I altered my recipe a bit from what I found on Pinterest and the result was a refreshing cocktail that caught the eye of several of my bar customers.
I hope you enjoy this festive spin on a Mojito. Cheers!
- 1.5 oz white rum (I used Bacardi)
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or .5 oz simple syrup
- 2 lime wedges
- 1/2 oz cranberry juice
- fresh cranberries
- In a tall glass, add 5-6 mint leaves, 2 lime wedges, 4-5 fresh cranberries and simple syrup or sugar.
- Muddle all ingredients to release the juice from the fruits and the oils from the mint.
- Fill the glass with ice and add the rum. Top with club soda and cranberry juice.
- Stir with a spoon to mix evenly and then garnish with fresh cranberries and a mint sprig.
- Serve and enjoy!