Salads are a staple in my life and I am always looking for fun variations to create at home. Organic Girl has long been a favorite of mine and late last year I discovered their line of dressings which are, in my opinion, some of the best store-bought dressings on the market. As one who rarely buys dressings at the store (I prefer to make my own), I am always sure to have at least one bottle of Organic Girl dressing in my refrigerator. My favorite is their Lemon Agave (made with organic whole lemons, organic blue agave nectar, organic lemon juice, organic extra virgin olive oil, organic rice vinegar, kosher salt, organic expeller pressed canola oil, organic garlic puree, water, organic black pepper) and I have been using it in every way possible, such as in marinades and with pasta salad. One dreary, rainy day last week, I was in a bit of a salad rut and decided to whip up something with grilled peaches and some cranberry goat cheese I had on hand. I had marinated and grilled some chicken breasts the night before with the Lemon Agave and decided to add chicken to my salad. The result was a colorful and gorgeous bowl of greens that is now something I crave on a daily basis.
As a single mom with somewhat picky kids, we all enjoy Organic Girl’s 50/50 blend of spring mix and baby spinach. It is funny because my daughter likes spring mix and my son prefers spinach, so this mix is a win-win in my house. We just can’t get enough.
I had one lonely peach left in my fridge and decided to grill it. Many, many moons ago when I was a young girl of 21, I had the most incredible grilled peach dessert at Rose Pistola in San Francisco. Every since then, I have had a thing for grilled peaches. Since it was raining, I used my indoor grill pan and they came out great.
It is a shame that I am not a Green Bay Packers fan because I am quite the cheese head. I can spend hours in a cheese shop and love trying new things Over the holidays, I stocked up on lots of seasonal cheeses and had one little log left of Chavrie Cranberry Orange Goat Cheese. I am telling you, this stuff is pretty damn addicting and I can eat it by the spoonful.
This salad is so simple, I promise you will love it. I added about two handfuls of salad mix to one of my favorite bowls and then tossed the greens with about two tablespoons of the Lemon Agave dressing. I then sliced up my already marinated chicken breast, added some grilled peach slices, about 1 tablespoon of the goat cheese and then some pumpkin seeds. After a quick second toss of everything, I was ready to dig in. Lord have mercy, it was everything I expected and more. This tasty and colorful salad really brightened up my day.
I am by no means a chef and I enjoy having fun and creating memories in the kitchen. Here is my recipe, please let me know what you think. xoxoxo
- 4 cups Organic Girl 50/50 blend of spring mix and spinach
- 1/2 peach, sliced and grilled
- 2 Tbs Organic Girl Lemon Agave Dressing
- 1 tbs Chevrie Cranberry Orange Goat Cheese (you can use another blend if you can't find this one)
- 1 grilled chicken breast, sliced (I marinated mine in the Lemon Agave Dressing, but that is optional, you can also use store bought grilled chicken strips but my way is much better 😉
- 2 tsp roasted pumpkin seeds (you can substitute for candied walnuts, slivered almonds, etc.
- If grilling your own chicken, place a chicken breast in a zip-lock and add 2 tablespoons of Organic Girl Lemon Agave Dressing. Shake well and refrigerate at least an hour. Bake or grill and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add 4 cups of Organic Girl 50/50 blend with abour 2 Tbs of Organic Girl Lemon Agave Dressing. Toss to ensure all leaves are coated.
- In the same bowl, add the sliced chicken breast, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds and grilled peach slices. Lightly toss again the evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!