Spring is in the air and I am ready for seasonal flavors and dining al fresco before the weather in Tampa gets unbearably hot. I love this time of year when so many fruits are in season and I can incorporate them into recipes. Sangria is the perfect drink for the season and I have a fun spin on this classic using some of my favorite flavors.
Rasberries and lemons go together like peanut butter and jelly. Their flavors compliment each other and they are the stars of my favorite Sangria recipe. Sparkling wine is my go-to and I love how this cocktail is light, refreshing and perfect for spring.
As I may have mentioned before, I am the bar manager of a restaurant, so I am blessed to have so many ingredients at my finger tips. I love to create seasonal cocktail menus and drink specials. As Mother’s Day is quickly approaching, I wanted to create some fun cocktails for that special day and for some reason, sparkling wine and champagne always come to mind when I think of Mother’s Day.
You can recreate this recipe at home with minimal ingredients in only 10 minutes. If you have never tried Limoncello, I promise you are in for a real treat. It is an Italian lemon liqueur that is predominantly produced in Southern Italy as well as a few of my other dream destinations such as Capri. Limoncello has long been one of my favorite liqueurs and I love to use it in recipes such as cheesecake, cookies and even pasta. You can pick up a bottle at the local liquor store.
I would love to hear your feedback on this recipe. Be sure to check out the other wonderful spring inspired recipes from the Sunday Supper Family listed below. Cheers!
- 2 baskets of fresh raspberries (reserve 1/2 of a basket for garnish)
- 1 lemon (sliced into wheels)
- 2 bottles of Prosecco or sparkling wine
- 1/2 cup Limoncello
- 1/2 cup raspberry liqueur
- 1 cup of fresh lemonade
- Club soda or lemon lime soda.
- In a large pitcher, add the Prosecco, raspberries, lemon wheels, lemonade and raspberry liqueur.
- Stir well so all flavors are combined.
- Top with soda water or lemon lime soda.
- Pour into individual glasses filled with ice and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Lemon Raspberry Baked Donuts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica’s Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lavender Lemon Cocktail by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Ravioli with Morel Cream Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Dijon Balsamic Herb Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Lebanese Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu’s Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Sesame Ginger Seared Ahi Coconut Tacos by Simply Healthy Family
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake by Angels Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake by Sweet Mornings
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Spring Vegetable Minestrone and more Spring Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement