I hope everyone has been enjoying the holidays, as I know I sure have. We have been having a tropical winter here in Tampa and it has been in the 80’s all week. I would much rather be in the snow during this time of year but decided to embrace the weather and share a drink recipe that can be enjoyed on a warm winter day. With holiday parties and family gatherings in full swing during the month of December, this light and refreshing beverage is easy to make and is a crowd pleaser.
My Winter Thyme Spritzer can be made with your choice of white wine, club soda, a splash of cranberry juice, fresh cranberries and a sprig of thyme. I wanted to use CK Mondavi Chardonnay since it was one of the bottles I received from them last month and as you know, I am honored to be an ambassador for this fine winery. You can enjoy this cocktail from Thanksgiving through Valentine’s Day and it can be made as in individual serving or by the pitcher.
You can use your choice of sparking water in this cocktail and I used La Croix Cran-Raspberry because it is one of my favorites. If you are not a fan of cranberries, you can swap them out for fresh raspberries or strawberries.
I am looking forward to sharing many more recipes inspired by CK Mondavi Wines, so be sure to check back later this week as I will have a fun New Year’s Eve appetizer that is sure to be a hit. I hope you have a wonderful week!
- 3 oz CK Mondavi Chardonnay (you can substitute Pinot Grigio, White Zinfandel or Sauvignon Blanc if you prefer)
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 3 oz club soda/sparkling water (I used La Croix Cran-Raspberry)
- fresh cranberries
- 1-2 thyme sprigs for garnish
- Fill a wine glass with ice.
- Add cranberries to the ice.
- Add chardonnay and club soda.
- Top with cranberry juice and garnish with a thyme sprig.
- If you want to make this by the pitcher, simply fill a pitcher with ice, add the cranberries and a 750 ml bottle of CK Mondavi Chardonnay. Add 1-2 cans of sparkling water (you can adjust based on your preference), 5 oz of cranberry juice and then lightly stir. Pour into glasses filled with ice and then garnish with cranberries and thyme.