Happy Friday! I am very excited for the NFL playoffs this weekend, especially since my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers are getting ready to take on the Miami Dolphins in hopes of making it to the Super Bowl and getting that seventh ring. When it comes to football, there is nothing I enjoy more than watching the game at home and feasting on some of my favorite football foods. For Sunday’s big game, I will be having a few friends over and pairing some of my favorite CK Mondavi wines with an array of small bites. I want to share one of my favorite recipes that is not only easy to make, it is always a crowd pleaser. At the same time, I am getting back on my culinary journey across America and am currently in the state of California. While I am not there physically (although my heart is still in San Francisco), I will be continuing to take you on a food tour of the Golden State from my small kitchen.
Sirloin Crostini are delicious, tasty and perfect for any occasion. My variation was inspired by my ambassadorship with CK Mondavi Wines and my devout passion to my home state of California. I was provided with three wines from CK Mondavi just prior to the holiday season, and each one inspired a different recipe. The wines I received were their Chardonnay, Scarlet Five and Cabernet. Again, I would like to give a huge thank you to CK Mondavi Wines for sending me the three selections.
I am sure many of you have had some version of Sirloin Crostini and I hope you enjoy mine. When I think of California flavors, fresh herbs, garlic, gourmet cheeses and of course, wine, always come to mind. Along with my shipment of the three wines, I received both PRÉSIDENT® Brie and RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT® to inspire some of my creativity in the kitchen. For this particular recipe, I used the RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT® and could not have been happier with the end result. Smooth, creamy and enhanced with garlic and herbs, this cheese is the epitome of California flavors. I could eat an entire container of this with crackers and a glass, or two, of wine.
All you need to make the Sirloin Crostini are: thinly sliced pieces of baguette, RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT®, sliced sirloin, olive oil, fresh rosemary and balsamic glaze. I take a baguette and slice it into thin pieces and then place them on a baking sheet. Next I brush with olive oil and toast them at 450 until crispy. While the bread slices are in the oven, I grill a sirloin, or two (depending on how many I want to make) and once the sirloin is grilled to the temperature I prefer, I remove from the grill pan and slice into thin, bite size pieces. Once the bread slices are done, I top them with RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT®, a piece of sirloin, then a sprig of rosemary and finish off with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. I am telling you, these will rock your world. Pair them with a glass of CK Mondavi Cabernet, and you will be in my version of heaven.
These will be one of the many things I will be preparing for the my team as they play in their Wild Card Game on Sunday. I hope you have a wonderful and delicious weekend! GO STEELERS!
***This post was sponsored by CK Mondavi wines and all opinions are my own.
- 1 French Baquette, thinly sliced. (Should yield about 24 pieces)
- 2 8 oz sirloins
- 2 8 oz containers of RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT®
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 1 bottle of balsamic glaze (you can also make your own if you prefer)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- jar of minced garlic in olive oil
- seasonings for sirloin (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450
- **Marinate your sirloins if you desire. I like to marinate mine with garlic, olive oil and fresh herbs such as rosemary and thyme. You can also season with steak seasoning/garlic butter, etc. of your choice
- Thinly slice the baguette and place on a lightly greased sheet pan. Brush each piece with olive oil.
- Place the baguette slices in the oven and toast until lightly golden and crispy. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Heat olive oil and minced garlic in a grill pan at medium heat. (Be careful not to burn the garlic). Grill your sirloins at medium high heat in a grill pan until the desired temperature is achieved. I prefer medium rare but medium is good for most guests.
- Once the sirloins are done, remove from the pan and place on a cutting board. Allow to cool slightly and thinly slice into bite-sized pieces that will fit on the toasted baguette slices.
- Take each slice of the baguette and top with a layer of RONDELÉ® BY PRÉSIDENT®.
- Next place a piece of sirloin on top of the bread slices and then top with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Place the crostini pieces on a serving dish and finish with a drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve with a glass of CK Mondavi Cabernet and enjoy!