This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CoffeehouseBlend #CollectiveBias
Nothing cheers me up quite like coffee. It is the first thing I have when I wake up and is often my last beverage of the night. You will find me with a coffee in hand while at the dog park or grocery shopping. My love affair with coffee began at the young age of 7 when I took a sip of my mother’s cup of Folgers® with cream and sugar. To this day, we are still going strong and very much in love.
When I saw an opportunity to create an iced coffee drink with Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend, I knew it would be a perfect fit. Living in Tampa, FL, the weather gets pretty hot and I often opt for iced coffee beverages over hot coffee beverages. With spring in full effect, the weather has been gorgeous and I have been inspired by some of my favorite seasonal flavors. I headed over to my favorite grocery store, Publix, and picked up some Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend. In addition, I couldn’t resist buying my favorite flowers, tulips. I could not wait to get home and create magic.
One of the things I love most about Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend is that I can enjoy coffee house style beverages in the comfort of my own home for a fraction of the cost. Once sip and your taste buds will rejoice. In fact, as I brewed my first cup of Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend, I decided to try it without my usual sweeteners and cream. I wanted to savor the coffee in it’s natural state and I was beyond impressed. As I sat down with my cup of bliss, I was intoxicated by the aroma. My first sip was magical. Much like the voice of Ella Fitzgerald, the flavor is smooth at the beginning and then finishes on a bold and beautiful note.
Being that Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend is so versatile, you can brew it in a traditional coffee maker, a French Press, as a cold brew or even right over ice. It was perfect in my favorite iced spring coffee drink which I call “Hop To It.” This is a beverage that features my favorite flavors of spring and after one of these, I am ready to take on the world. I make this beverage with Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend, coconut milk, a tad of caramel, coffee ice cubes, whipped cream, caramel drizzle and a cute little Easter Peep. You will fall in love with this drink and it is a great way to impress your guests if you are entertaining this spring.
- 8 oz Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend
- 4 oz coconut milk (you can substitute almond or any other milk or cream)
- 1 TBS caramel syrup plus additional for a drizzle
- 6 coffee ice cubes (you can use regular as well)
- whipped cream
- Peeps Bunny or any other spring garnish of your choice
- If you want to use coffee ice cubes, brew coffee into a measuring cup and fill an ice cube tray. Freeze until ready to use.
- Brew a cup of Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend into a cup and set aside.
- In a 16 oz jar or glass of choice, fill with coffee ice cubes.
- Drizzle the TBS of caramel over the ice cubes and then add your coconut milk and stir gently.
- Pour your brewed Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend over the milk and then top with whipped cream.
- Add a drizzle of caramel and garnish with an Easter Peep.