I love anything on Pinterest that I can make for my kids. I spotted a pin on how to make bouncy balls and knew it was something my kids would love. Courtesy of the blog, The 36th Avenue, this fun tutorial is great for kids and adults. I found myself playing with the bouncy balls and was so proud of my creation. As I have mentioned before, I am not very crafty and am trying to improve my DIY skills. This was simple and fun, so I encourage you to make these with your kids or for yourself if you are a kid at heart.
- ½ Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tb Borax
- 1 Tb of Cornstarch
- 2 Tb White Liquid Glue
- Food coloring
- Optional: Disposable rubber gloves.
- In a cup mix the warm water and the borax.
- In another cup mix the glue, cornstarch, and food coloring.
- Pour the glue mixture into the water-borax cup.
- The glue mixture will harden after 10 seconds; use a fork to take it out of the water. If the glue mixture is still sticky, squish it with your hands and dip it back in the water.
- Roll the mixture in your hands to make a ball. The more you handle the mixture the firmer it will become.
- You are done!