Happy Sunday! Do you ever browse the produce isle and get excited when you see something unique like dragon fruit? I enjoy experimenting with different fruits and one of my favorites is lychee. Many moons ago, when I still lived in California, I had my first lychee martini at bar in San Francisco and it was love at first sip. This delicate and floral fruit won me over and is now one of my favorite fruits. While you can usually find them fresh at Asian markets or produce stands, you can also get them canned. I prefer fresh lychee, as I have found they tend to lose some of their flavor when they are canned. Recently they were available at my local Publix and I was sure to enjoy them while I could.
As the manager of a bar, I enjoy featuring specialty cocktails on our menu and one of my favorite products is Bols Lychee Liqueur. On the weekends, we feature specialty mimosas and lychee is one of the most popular. One day I was experimenting with fresh lychee and came up with a Lychee Bellini Cocktail. It was a hit with our guests and is a recipe I am very proud of. If you can’t find fresh lychee, Bols Lychee Liqueur is a fine substitute. Easy to make, this cocktail combines vodka that is accentuated with floral lychee, peach nectar and sparkling wine. This pairs nicely with spicy food and Sunday brunch.
- 4 oz. Sparkling Wine or Prosecco
- 1 oz Bols Lychee Liqueur or 2 fresh lychee
- 1 oz vodka (I prefer a peach flavor)
- Splash of peah nectar
- Edible flower, mint or fresh lychee for garnish
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine lychee liqueur and vodka. (If using fresh lychee, peel the skin from the lychee and muddle the two lychee in the tin prior to adding the vodka and ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a stemless wine glass filled with ice.
- Top with sparking wine and garnish with a fresh lychee or edible flower.
- Baked Turkey Lumpia – Filipino Eggroll by Food Done Light
- Crab Ragoon by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Fried Rice by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Sushi by The Freshman Cook
- Mango Pudding by Brunch with Joy
- Shrimp Rangoon Egg Rolls with Honey-Soy Dipping Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Thai Style Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Venison Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Asam Laksa by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bacon Miso Ramen by The Crumby Cupcake
- Bok Choy Gai See Tong (Bok Choy and Shredded Chicken Soup) by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Prawn Wonton Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Asian Beef and Green Bean Stir-Fry by Family Foodie
- Banh Mi Hot Dog by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Lo Mein by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cheese Korokke by Manu’s Menu
- Chicken Zoodle “Lo Mein” by Casa de Crews
- Easy Chow Mein by Momma’s Meals
- Ginger-Citrus Grilled Salmon by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Pork Báhn Mì by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken by Cooking Chat
- Hoisin Burgers with Peanut Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ojingeo Bokkeum (Korean Spicy Stir-fried Squid) by kimchi MOM
- Oven Simmered Asian BBQ Chicken by What Smells So Good?
- Pad Thai by Curious Cuisiniere
- Seven Flavor Precious Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Sri Lankan Vegetable Curry by Panning The Globe
- Thai Chicken by Feeding Big
- Vietnamese Flank Steak by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
On the Lighter Side
- Copy Cat: CPK Thai Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Crispy Asian Noodle Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Nam Sod (Thai Pork Salad) by Magnolia Days
- Soba Noodle Salad by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Best Wines To Pair with Asian Cuisine by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Oodles of Noodles
- Asian Noodle Types and 34 Best Asian Recipes by SundaySupper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.