It’s the most wonderful time of the year and I am having an absolute blast experimenting with a delicious product line that I was recently introduced to…. La Terra Fina Dips and Spreads. Can I just say that I am in love? Like most, I am a very busy girl as a single mom with two kids, two blogs, 3 cats and a dog. (I swear that rhyme was not planned but I like it). Working in hospitality and social media, my life is always going 200 mph and I get excited when I discover products that make my life easier and impress my guests while I am entertaining. Catering private events is a passion of mine and I continuously look for easy ways to showcase tasty bites without taking up so much of my already limited schedule. Ladies and gentleman, I present La Terra Fina…….
As a San Francisco Bay Area native, I am honored to be creating recipes with La Terra Fina. Launched in 1983 by a popular San Francisco Bay Area caterer who was known for her delicious quiches and dips, the product line was introduced to grocery stores and the rest is delicious history. We have so much in common I just can’t take it!
I am in full swing and cocktail parties have been popping up like my scale does during the holiday season (seriously, do not weigh yourself in December) and I love to challenge myself with creating new and exciting dishes for my guests to enjoy. I have a few varieties of La Terra Fina that I am experimenting with and will be sharing my delicious recipes with all of you in the next few weeks. For now I want to share a healthier version of a burger slider that will wow your guests and have them begging you for the recipe.
Chicken or turkey sliders are a great alternative to beef and open up a whole new world of flavor opportunities. I have always been a beef girl but have been trying to create lighter and healthier recipe options for my family. When I first tried La Terra Fina Italian Style Tomato & Cheese, I instantly thought of my healthy version of Chicken Parmesan that I make for my son. I make it with grilled chicken, blistered cherry tomatoes, Mozzarella, fresh basil and then serve it over a bed of spaghetti squash for a lightened up version of the oh so fattening but delicious breaded version served over spaghetti. It has become a household favorite and I know these chicken sliders will soon be a favorite of yours as well.
With New Year’s Eve right around the corner, I can’t think of a better way to ring in the new year than with these super easy chicken sliders. With minimal prep time, you can have these ready in a New York Minute so that you can enjoy the company of your guests. The sliders are built with a grilled chicken patty, arugla, sliced heirloom tomatoes and of course, La Terra Fina Italian Style Tomato & Cheese Spread. I prefer grilling the chicken on an outdoor grill but an indoor grill pan with do just fine.
I hope you enjoy my recipe and I look forward to sharing some more tasty creations with La Terra Fina. Available at Sam’s Club and Publix in Florida, you can locate your nearest store by clicking here.
**Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by La Terra Fina but as always, all opinions are my own.
- 1 lb ground chicken (or you can buy pre-portioned chicken slider patties)
- 6 TBS La Terra Italian Style Tomato & Cheese Spread
- 12-14 Arugula Leaves (2 per patty)
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes, sliced
- Slider Buns
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- If using a grill pan, add olive oil, minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Sautee until garlic is translucent, being careful not to burn.
- Form the ground chicken into 2.5-3 oz patties and season to your liking. 1 lb of ground chicken should yield about 6 patties. (I keep it simple and use freshly ground sea salt and pepper)
- Grill the chicken patties until full cooked and are nice and golden brown.
- Build the sliders by smearing both the top and bottom bun with about 1/2 TBS each of La Terra Fina Italian Style Tomato & Cheese Spread then build with the chicken patty, two or three leaves of Arugula and one or two tomato slices. Secure by inserting a bamboo pick through the center of each one.
- Serve and enjoy!