If there is one motto I have for the new year, it is “less is more” and here are a few areas I need to improve on:
- Less time watching TV, more time playing interactive games with my kids
- Less time working on the weekends, more time with friends and family
- Less time using electronics, more time having coffee with friends
- Less time eating out, more time cooking at home
- Less time trying to do too much, more time doing less things more efficiently
With that being said, I am trying to simplify my time in the kitchen so I can spend more time conversing with my guests and enjoying what I have made. I have been known, a time or two (ok always), to overdo it in the kitchen and often spend so much time trying to create the perfect dish while missing out on good conversation with friends.
Now that 2018 is here, I am loving my new outlook on life and you all are going to LOVE my Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Bites that can be whipped up in ten minutes and will having you looking like a rock star. With so many incredible events coming up like college football championships, NFL playoffs, the Super Bowl, Gasparilla (in Tampa) and of course, Valentine’s Day, these are ideal for any event and will be loved by all.
I have to give a little background on my inspiration for these tasty little treats. Made with the incredible Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Dip from La Terra Fina, this recipe represents my home state of California and where I currently live in Tampa Bay, Florida. The main ingredient, which is the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Dip is, like me, made in California and I top the final product with a succulent Florida strawberry and a mint leaf. If you have not yet had a Florida strawberry, you are missing out! As a born and raised California girl, I used to be biased about all California produce. While I do love my California strawberries and get to enjoy them most of the year in Florida, I have to say that nothing quite compares to the sweet and juicy Florida strawberries that are available for us in the winter.
When I first became introduced to La Terra Fina (you can read my first recipe post here), I was excited to know that it was launched in 1983 in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am partial to this area of the country since it is where I was born and raised. My love of food and wine was nourished in San Francisco and to this day, it is still my favorite city in the world. I am looking forward to returning this summer for a visit.
I hope you enjoy my recipe and stay tuned for MANY more creations from my kitchen and La Terra Fina. To find any of the La Terra Fina product line near you, click here.
- 1 container of La Terra Fina Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Dip
- 1 package of frozen mini fillo shells (usually there are 15 in a pack)
- 3-4 fresh straberries, sliced
- fresh mint leaves
- On a cookie sheet or work surface, line the area with parchment paper.
- Remove the fillo shells from the package and set on your work surface.
- Fill each shell with approx 1-2 teaspoons of the cheesecake dip.
- Once the shells are all filled, top with a strawberry slice and a mint leaf.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- *if you have any left over dip, take a strawberry and dig in!