The Pizza Queen grilled pizza for the first time and while practice makes perfect, I was pretty happy with my first attempt. Grilled Pizza is my new obsession and you must brace yourself for more recipes to come. This post is sponsored by CK Mondavi and Family and as always, all opinions are my own. ((MSG for 21+only)
I hope you are all having a wonderful summer. Here in Tampa, the weather is super hot and outdoor activities are in full swing. The kids just went back to school and I am looking forward to cooler weather, the fall season and of course, football. A lot has happened in the last few months and my life has taken on a new direction. I am ecstatic to share that I have joined forces with Ian Beckles, who is a Tampa celebrity and former Tampa Bay Buccaneer. Like myself, Ian is passionate about food and speaks about it daily on Tampa’s 102.5 The Bone. We are working hard to celebrate local flavor in Tampa by featuring local products at his hub, Flavor of Tampa Bay. I have an office at his spot and am excited to surround myself with so much local talent. We are always in the presence of incredible chefs, food innovators, artists, sports figures and prominent influencers. Ian is passionate about grilling and is incredibly talented. I, on the other hand, am an aspiring wanna be griller and am learning from the best. Ian has not one, but two, Big Green Eggs and I am blessed to be able to use them. I am such a lucky girl!
For years I have watched people grill pizza and always wanted to try it. Well, I finally had my chance to attempt it and while it is pretty easy, it does take practice. I wanted to create something to mesh with the current vibes in my life and also collaborate a little with Ian since I am learning so much from him. He is ALL about BBQ so I wanted to create a BBQ pizza with a twist. Our office is always filled with food and Ian had some luscious pork belly. Suddenly a light bulb went off and I decided on a pork belly pizza. Since pork is synonymous with BBQ, I went with a BBQ Pork Belly Pizza with an apple infused BBQ sauce, fresh mozzarella and grilled pineapple. Simple, yet the perfect pairing with a glass of CK Mondavi Cabernet.
I offered both red and white with this pizza as both compliment the flavors extremely well.
So, I have to be authentic and share a picture with you…..
This is what my gorgeous pizza stone looked like after it hit The Big Green Egg. It is now seasoned and will be making delicious pizza memories with me for many years to come. Be sure to care for your pizza stone as it is sure to become your new best friend. Cheers!
- *Yields 1 medium size pizza or 2 small pizza (serves 4)
- -store bought or home-made pizza dough (I used store bought)
- -1 cup BBQ Sauce (I used an apple BBQ sauce I bought at Sprouts)
- -2 cups shredded mozzarella
- -6 oz fried pork belly, cubed
- -1 cup roasted pineapple, diced
- -1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- *Note: I used a Big Green Egg and made sure the egg was preheated to 400. I placed the pizza stone on the egg to preheat.
- Prepare pizza dough. If using store-bought like I did, roll dough out on a floured surface to yield 1 or 2 pizzas.
- Once dough is formed and shaped to your liking, glaze with BBQ sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the surface of the pizza.
- Top pizza with pork belly cubes and diced pineapple.
- Transfer pizza to preheated pizza stone and grill for about 15-20 minutes.
- When pizza is ready, remove, place on a cool cutting board, slice and serve.
- If using a grill, be sure that pizza
Did you hear? CK Mondavi and Family is running a monthly “#pairNpost” where both Instagram and Twitter followers can post of photo of their ideal CK Mondavi and Family pairing. It is so much fun! All you have to do is tag #pairNpost, for a chance to win a prize: More info CK Mondavi and Family! I can’t wait to see what everyone is featuring.